problem with Oracle database on SunSolaris

From: Parvinder Singh <parora_at_questone.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 13:06:43 GMT

dear All

        I have got a problem with Oracle Installation on Sun Server. After i have installed ORACLE on my Sun machine. It doesnt starts the service which i have created with the help of ne8asst it doesnt connects to the database. It gives the error
TNS:listener cannot resolve the SID given in the connect descriptor. Is there any relation to be established between the SID and listener after the installation ??
After installation i did execute the root.sh script with the user as root and then added the ORACLE_HOME directory in the .profile of the user:ORACLE .the directory has also been exported with the command export ORACLE_HOME in the .profile ....Thats all i did after the installation. and after that went for creating a service with the help of net8asst.sh

Regards & Thanks in advance
~Parvinder

P.S : Also reply to parora_at_questone.com Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 07:06:43 CST