Re: connect internal yet insufficient privileges

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 07:45:29 -0500

Tapan Trivedi wrote:

> Hey guys,
> I have noticed a strange behaviour on one of my instances. When I try to
> start it via the
> svrmgrl it says that insufficient privileges (ora 1031) EVEN AFTER IT HAS
> GIVEN ME THE MESSAGE THAT I HAVE CONNECTED AS INTERNAL. This is killing
> me. I don't know what to do. Any comments ,suggestions, hints are
> welcome. Would really appreciate if you mail the same to my e-mail
> address also.
>

> Tapan

Make sure that all of the executibles in $ORACLE_HOME/bin are owned by the oracle login account and also ensure that all of the files in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs that are related to your database are owned by oracle. Also, you should either be logged in as oracle or another account that is in the dba group. Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 06:45:29 CST