Problems running dbassist on Solaris 2.6

From: Thomas Willert <thwi_at_int.tele.dk>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 12:39:49 +0000

 Hi all!

I am trying to create a new database on a newly installed Oracle8i version 8.1.5 installation. I have followed all the steps listed in Chapter 2 and 3 in the Installation Guide, but still I get a window with an error message "ORA-01034: ORACLE not available". According to the documentation this means "Oracle was not started up", unfortunately this dosen't make me wiser in regards to my problem.

My platform is Solaris 2.6/sparc, with Oracle8i 8.1.5.

Have anybody seen this problem before?

/ Thomas Willert Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 06:39:49 CST