Re: ORA-12638 Credential Retrieval Failed - newbie question

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 10:20:05 -0800

Dan Metzger wrote:

> I just set up up 8.1.5 on NT and am trying to connect to the db via a win95
> client now. The DB runs fine on the server and I can connect to the data
> source but whenever I test the service name I've created on the client, I
> get this error.
>
> ORA-12638 Credential retrieval failed
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dan M

Off the top of my head: any 12xxx is a networking error. Not familiar with this one.
Do you have CRYPTO_SEED on either side (but not the other?). This forces encrypted connections. If the server is set up to accept only encrypted
connections, but the client is not, I can imagine something like the above to appear.

HTH
--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 12:20:05 CST