Re: Interesting question: Result set break down by multiple pages on Web site.

From: Steve Halko <steveh_at_redshift.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 00:14:45 -0800

The way we do it is to store the result set in a temporary table which has an extra column to signify the line number. Then to actually display the result set, we query the temporary table WHERE line_number BETWEEN x AND y. The user can then go to any page using Previous and Next buttons, or jump to any page at random. The number of lines displayed on a page can be adjusted by changing a PL/SQL variable - and this can be hard-wired in the code, can be chosen by the user, or can be made dependent on the user's screen resolution.

"Shaojie Hu" <maichen_at_rols.com> wrote in message news:85069d$kor$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net...
> Hi, all:
>
> I am trying to figure it out how to break down Oracle results by pages so
> that I can
> put results on many dynamic web pages. To be more acuate, I don't want
> Oracle to
> return all rows, but only rows in certain range one at a time. For
example,
> if a search
> returns 1000 rows and 50 rows make a page, then I will have 20 web pages.
If