Re: Installation oracle on HP

From: Erik Trolle <erik_trolle_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 14:39:22 +0800

I assume the error code is TNS 12537.

That the listener has started does not mean very much. Your problem is that you cannot launch an Oracle process.

That the installation terminated successfull may not mean too much either. You need to look at the installation log to see if any errors occured.

Is this the first time Oracle is used on this machine?

Have you re-configured the kernel for Oracle?

Did you create a new database as part of the installation? Is it running at the end of installation?

Have you changed your environment variables to match the new Oracle software you just installed.

Have you checked permissions for all directories where you put Oracle files dump directories

Have you checked the alertlog?

You have a configuration problem. Understanding when it last worked, or whether it has ever worked at all, will help understand what is wrong.

ET