variant parameter in external routine

From: hhac <hhac_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 23:51:46 GMT

I am writing an Oracle external procedure and I need to be able to pass in different datatypes to one parameter. Is there a way that a C program can accept different data types in one parameter and can tell what type that datatype is, somewhat like a variant? Also how do I declare the CREATE PROCEDURE wrapper?

I'm porting this external procedure from SQL Server, where the parameters are passed in differently to the C program and there is no need to create a PL/SQL CREATE PROCEDURE wrapper function.

Basically, the first parameter of the following has to be either a float/integer/varchar/date and it has to know what the datatype is.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE xp_proc1 (

        Data IN ...)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 17:51:46 CST