Problem with varchar2 datatype in Oracle

From: Ravindra B <ravi_m_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 23:15:55 GMT

Hi,

    I had created a table which contains a column of type varchar2(4000). When I am trying to insert through Java code into the column using method setString, it works fine when the size of the string being inserted is less than 2000 in size, if it is more than 2000 then it gives me an SQLException.

    I tried manually(i..e.. using SQL Plus) and it works fine.

Can anyone help me out, why this problem is occurring.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 17:15:55 CST