Re: Newbie Q: Which backup software to use to backup Oracle?

From: <Delete_this_cglinetz_at_pt.lu>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 22:32:24 GMT

Depends on how you backup your database. If you do a cold backup, means shutdown the database and backup your entire Filesystems, it's good enough. If you will do a hot backup, you have to write your own backup-script to do the job. If you do a export in a file on Filesystem, the only thing you have to care is, that export have finished before you start backup of Filesystem.

Hope it Helps
Carlo