OLTP File Placement???

From: me <me_at_me.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 23:03:11 GMT

Based on your experience, can you suggest optimal file placement for a small to medium sized OLTP application?

Specifically with regard to an NT installation, where do you recommend placing Oracle files and the operating system? I've heard that the O/S should be on a mirrored drive. Database files should be on a RAID5 array. Redo Log files should be on a mirrored drive array. Anything I'm missing or that you care to suggest would be greatly appreciated. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 17:03:11 CST