Re: searching test applications

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 17:29:11 GMT

Prior to using Oracle tools, I had played with Mercury WinRunner and SQA Robot, principally for testing Delphi code. However, I also tested Oracle load scripts written Unix shell, all controlled from WinRunner.

Here are some previous posts from a testing newgroup where I posted a similar question about testing tools and Oracle Forms....

Good Luck,
Robert Proffitt

Subject: Re: SQA tools and Oracle Forms ? Date: 1999/10/14
Author: Eric Repec <eric_repec_at_compuware.com>

I have personally done a lot of work against Oracle Forms with Compuware's QARun product at Oracle. The engineer I who worked with me said that we were the best fit for this environment he had seen. You may want to check out compuware.
http://www.compuware.com/products/auto/products/qarun.htm

Eric Repec
Compuware Corp.
eric_repec_at_compuware.com

Eric Repec
Sales Support
Work(800) 521-9353 X18581
Page(888) 326-8567
Eric_Repec_at_Compuware.com
http://www.compuware.com

Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:14:59 -0400
From: "Robert Matusky (TPA)" <Robert.Matusky_at_dcicorp.com> Add to Address Book Add To Spam Block List
Subject: Oracle and Mercury
To: "'rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com'" <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>

Robert,

My team at Decision Consultants has successfully used Mercury WinRunner with
Oracle Forms. Our client for that project owned WinRunner 4.x, and we used
Mercury's Oracle extension for WinRunner. Oracle forms has to be invoked
with a "render=0" parameter.

Oracle forms support my be built in to WinRunner 5.x. 6.0 is about to be
released. If not, installing the extension is no problem.

We also load test Oracle applications with Mercury LoadRunner.

If you need any consultants to help with your quality assurance program, let
me know.

Robert Matusky
Systems Engineer, Enterprise Testing Solutions WinRunner CPS and CPI
Decision Consultants Incorporated
Office: 813.977.8170
Mobile/Voice/Page: 813.503.9666
E-mail: Robert.Matusky_at_dcicorp.com
Urgent email: 8135039666_at_mobile.att.net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 11:29:11 CST