Shutdown immediate hang.

From: Joe <joetin_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 23:03:44 +0800

In a situation that there is no Oracle Instance or Service running, when I issue the following command once more

SVRMGR> shutdown immediate

in the Server Manager, the Server Manager hangs (or waiting for something). I have to Ctrl-C or open another session and server manager, then issue shutdown abort in order to get the UNIX prompt back.

My version of Oracle is 8.1.5 running on Sparc Solaris 2.6

I want to know whether the shutdown immediate can't work in such case. I do not have this problem in ver 7.3.4.

Thank in advance.

Joe
joetin_at_netvigator.com Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 09:03:44 CST