Gathering statistics for cost based optimization

From: Steve B <steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:27:41 -0000

Just a quick query....does the dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats( x , y , z ) procedure do the same as the dbms_utility.analyze_schema( a , b , c ) command with respect to collecting statistics for use by the cost-based optimiser ????

I've ran them both and both populate the expected columns of the user_tables, user_indexes etc tables, so I'm presuming that they do something similar...

What are the differences between them ??

Cheers

Steve Bright

steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 06:27:41 CST