Re: Who is locking a record (not just a table)

From: Michel Cadot <micadot_at_netcourrier.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:04:58 +0100

v$session gives you the record you are *waiting*. Then you have to find the session that is holding the object (found with column id1 of v$lock). If no session are waiting for the row held, i don't know if it is possible to get the rowid held.

Columns of v$session :

ROW_WAIT_OBJ#
  Object ID for the table containing the ROWID specified in ROW_WAIT_ROW#

ROW_WAIT_FILE#
  Identifier for the datafile containing the ROWID specified in ROW_WAIT_ROW#. This column is valid only if the session is currently waiting for another transaction to commit and the value of ROW_WAIT_OBJ# is non-zero.

ROW_WAIT_BLOCK#
  Identifier for the block containing the ROWID specified in ROW_WAIT_ROW#. This column is valid only if the session is currently waiting for another transaction to commit and the value of ROW_WAIT_OBJ# is non-zero.

ROW_WAIT_ROW#
  The current ROWID being locked. This column is valid only if the session is currently waiting for another transaction to commit and the value of ROW_WAIT_OBJ# is non-zero.

--
Have a nice day
Michel