OracleOEMManagementServer

From: <elee3_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 03:23:12 GMT

Dear Oracle experts:

I would greatly appreciate any and all help with this problem. As I am relatively new at this, can someone please explain in detail what I can do next. I am working with a development Oracle 7.3 database on WindowNT. I can not log in my Oracle Enterprise Manager2.0 as I always did before. I have tried:

  1. I tried stoping the OracleOEMMagamentServer, and re-starting it. The service was stopped, but would not re-start. "Error-2140. An internal WindowNT error occured." The NT administrator could not help me.
  2. I went to the NT eventvwr, and found this message for OracleOEM_HOME: "The service has terminated abnormally. See the file E: \OEM\sysman\log\OMS.log for details." The OMS.LOG had the following information: VXA-2018 Unable to connect to OMS registry service My question is "How can I connect to OMS registry service????"
  3. Not knowing other options,I tried shutting down the OEM database, and re-starting it. When I did STARTUP OPEN, it started but said ORA- 01991 invalid password file. I then tried ALTER DATABSE OPEN, the database opend with no problem. Why did it not complain about the invalid password file this time??? Do I still need to do ORAPWD73 FILE=D:\OEM\DATABASE\PWDOEM.ORA PASSWORD=ORACLE ENTRIES=8??? Should I do it anyway and replace the old password file????

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again,
Elizabeth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 21:23:12 CST