HELP --- Net8 --- HELP

From: half-wit <half-wit_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 10:39:13 +0800

Hi all, help

My Oracle Net8 (on Solaris 2.6) can not work fine as a client to connect a Oracle Server 7 (on SCO 5.04),

On default configuration, I can't connect to Server used sqlplus, when I type sqlplus scott/tiger_at_scoserver It don't respondent as longer, though netstat display the connect have been established. but on the same time, svrmgrl can connect server and work fine.

When I add "disable_oob=on" to sqlnet.ora configure file. I'm luck that I can connect server user sqlplus, I can do some operate include "select ,drop, insert...", but when I type use "describe" command, it return the error " ORA-12663: Services required by client not available on the server", and on the same time, svrmgrl can connect server and work fine too.

I thought I must miss some configure parameters. pls help me

Thank advance. Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 20:39:13 CST