Oracle Dying ??

From: Michael Rothwell <marothwell_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 12:43:25 -0800

Twice today, on a system that has been running for months, my Oracle processes have turned up dead. When I go to svrmgrl I can connect internal but when I try to startup, I get the error message stating that the instance is already running, when I try to shutdown immediate it tells me that I'm not logged on. I can shutdown abort without problem.

this is a 7.3.4 db on an UX 10.4

pmon, smon, dbwr, lgwr are all gone when this happens.

Thanks for any help

Michael Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 14:43:25 CST