Re: New Newgroup: comp.databases.oracle.java

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_ot.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:53:18 -0500

I take your point, Sybrand, but suspect that part of the cross-posting problem is that the current hierarchy is rather un-specific. Cross-posting might be less likely if the hierarchy looked something like this:

comp.databases.oracle

   comp.databases.oracle.server

         comp.databases.oracle.server.java
         comp.databases.oracle.server.plsql
        { ....}
         comp.databases.oracle.server.misc

   comp.databases.oracle.client
         comp.databases.oracle.client.java
         comp.databases.oracle.client.ole
         {...}
         comp.databases.oracle.client.misc

That is, a basic bifurcation between "client" and "server" ( _pace_ the n-tier crowd) with the ability add child-nodes an as-needed basis.

Tim Romano