Re: Calling java Classes

From: Doeni <doeni_at_evhr.net>
Date: 04 Jan 2000 21:20:28 +0100

Entity Relationship Tools <apalvanchaNOapSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Does Oracle supports calling Java Classes? I would like to
> call a Java Class file from the Oracle Database Trigger
> PL/SQL Program. Could You please help me out in providing a
> solution.

This can be done in Oracle8i.
You load the java into the database, then you create a PL/SQL function/procedure that maps a static method of your java class. This function/procedure can be called from a trigger. Check the samples in $ORACLE_HOME/javavm/demo

--
The fundamental aim of King Crimson is to organize anarchy, to utilize

   the latent power of chaos and to allow the varying influences to

	       interact and find their own equilibrium.
                                        -Robert Fripp