Re: Oracle replacement for Sybase #temp tables

From: Tom Best <Tom.Best_at_bentley.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 14:49:50 -0500

You could use a sequence generator to create the temp table. Call it temp_nnnnn or something. If you need a cleanup routine, it may be easiest to query the system catalog of all tables starting with "temp_" and drop each one in a loop.

You could also use a random number generator. We use this, only because we had to be compatible with about 8 different DBMSs.

Tom Best