Re: TRANSACTIONS_PER_ROLLBACK_SEGMENT (the real story)

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 09:30:40 -0800

The limit Mark talked about was due to some problem which no longer exists (from memory it was something to do with the length of the ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS parameter line in the init.ora file). I know of people who have played around with 2000 rollback segments just to prove it works!

One thing I would suggest is that if only two rollback segments are being used, is there any evidence of waits for the rollback segments? It may be that Oracle is not using any more because it doesn't need to.

Pete