Re: Can't add new row to a table.

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 15:13:36 GMT

In article <BA6DFA668746D311AB1000508B44AC2C1EE2D2_at_hhmail01.spar.de>,   "Henrik Meldgaard Frisk" <hfr_at_bang-olufsen.dk> wrote:
> Hi all
> First of all I wish you all a happy new year.
>
> I have a problem with a table on a Oracle 8.0.4
>
> I try to insert a new row with the INSERT INTO command, from SQL
Worksheet,
> but I get some errors.
>
> ORA-01403: no data found
> Cause: In a host language program, all records have been fetched.
> The return code from the fetch was +4, indicating that all records
have been
> returned from the SQL query.
> Action: Terminate processing for the SELECT statement.
>
> ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger name.name
> Cause: A runtime error occurred during execution of a trigger.
> Action: Check the triggers that were involved in the operation.
>
> ORA-06512: at str line num
> Cause: This is usually the last of a message stack and indicates
where a
> problem occurred in the PL/SQL code.
> Action: Fix the problem causing the exception or write an exception
handler
> for this condition.
> It may be necessary to contact the application or database
administrator.

> If I try to insert a new row from my SQL Explorer I get an error that
says
> 'At End Of Table' ?
> Dos someone know this problem? What dos it mean, and how can I get
rid of
> it?
>
> Henrik
> Denmark

Your error messages appear to indicate that a database level trigger exists on the table and that the error occurred in it. You could be missing an associated table entry, i.e, the cause of the ORA-01403: no data found.

First I would use sql*plus to verify that the error occurs there also. That will rule out a tool problem.

Next I would check sys.dba_triggers to see if there is a trigger on the table and its status to make sure it is valid.

Then if the code is valid I would look at its source to see what it is doing. I would add error trapping code as necessary and keep trying my insert until I found the problem.

If the code is invalid I would fix it and repeat the process.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 09:13:36 CST