Re: Can't add new row to a table.

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 08:48:03 -0500

A copy of this was sent to "Henrik Meldgaard Frisk" <hfr_at_bang-olufsen.dk> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 08:04:49 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi all
>First of all I wish you all a happy new year.
>
>I have a problem with a table on a Oracle 8.0.4
>
>I try to insert a new row with the INSERT INTO command, from SQL Worksheet,
>but I get some errors.
>
>ORA-01403: no data found
>Cause: In a host language program, all records have been fetched.
>The return code from the fetch was +4, indicating that all records have been
>returned from the SQL query.
>Action: Terminate processing for the SELECT statement.
>
>ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger name.name
>Cause: A runtime error occurred during execution of a trigger.
>Action: Check the triggers that were involved in the operation.

you have a trigger on that table.

that trigger has a "select ... INTO .... from ...." statement in it.

that select statement in the trigger is not finding any data when it runs and there is no exception handler to handle this error.

You must

>ORA-06512: at str line num
>Cause: This is usually the last of a message stack and indicates where a
>problem occurred in the PL/SQL code.
>Action: Fix the problem causing the exception or write an exception handler
>for this condition.
>It may be necessary to contact the application or database administrator.
>

>If I try to insert a new row from my SQL Explorer I get an error that says
>'At End Of Table' ?
>Dos someone know this problem? What dos it mean, and how can I get rid of
>it?
>
>Henrik
>Denmark

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 07:48:03 CST