Execute an UNIX Operating Sytem Command from PL/SQL

From: juerg fuchs <juerg.fuchs_at_ubs.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 14:45:44 +0100

Hi

I'm working under Oracle8/ 8.0.4.0.0
I try to execute an UNIX Operating Sytem Command from PL/SQL. I've got a shared object under Unix and a PL/SQL library to access the external library.

Within the shared object I've got:

int ExecOsCommand(...)
{

    system ("echo this is a system command > /u2/repos/x.tmp"); /* write to new file */

    system (" chmod 0777 /u2/repos/x.tmp");

}

If I execute the command from PL/SQL the first command works fine, but the second command doesn't change the file permissions. Is this problem related to the user rights of the oracle user who owns Extproc? Do I need to add something to my configuration files?

Any help appreciated

Juerg Fuchs Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 07:45:44 CST