Re: TRANSACTIONS_PER_ROLLBACK_SEGMENT (the real story)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 12:30:33 GMT

The real story may be higly misleading...

If you have public rollback segments this parameter will determine (based on the number of processes in init<sid>.ora) how many rollback segments are brought online.
This is, AFAIK, a one-time operation, rollback segments are not added dynamically.
Hundred segments is outrageous. Oracle has the 'rule of four' which means one rollback segment for every four users, with a minumum of four rollback segments.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA