Create operating system file

From: <cakilner_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 19:17:54 GMT

Here's the problem.

I have a UNIX account that runs a cronjob and creates an operating system file. The problem is the operating system file is owned by ORACLE which is not the same account that the cronjob exists. I need this file to have write permissions for this other unix account (although preferably owned by this other account).

I've tried the UMASK command on Oracle account and other account to have "others" with RW. I couldn't get it to work, but I don't really like this option as it opens a lot of security holes.

Any suggestions on the Oracle side what I can do?

Thanks In Advance,

Carol Kilner
ckilner_at_protectair.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 03 2000 - 13:17:54 CST