Re: Newbie's question: Pro*c compile failed: -lxa not found

From: Tom Best <Tom.Best_at_bentley.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 09:50:35 -0500

This means the link step was trying to link in a file called "libxa" or something like that (with a suffix of .so, or .a possibly). That means the ld command that runs needs to have a -L parameter that points it to a directory where that libxa file exists. Do you have such a file on your box anywhere (/lib, or /usr/lib, etc)? You need to either get a hold of that file for your OS, or modify the make file to add the -L parm to point it to where that file is on your box.