Re: What is SVRMGRL?

From: Yong <yong321NOyoSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 23:39:02 -0800

There's something wrong here. If you think svrmgr( svrmgrl or svrmgr30) is the command line version of sqlplus (or plus80w.exe), how come you can say "recover tablespace XXX" in svrmgr but you have to prepend "alter database" to "recover tablespace XXX" in sqlplus? I believe there's still something you can do in svrmgr but not in sqlplus even in Ver. 8.1.5, but I can't think of anything offhand. However, Oracle has been telling us that future versions may drop svrmgr and completely convert its functionality to sqlplus.

Yong Huang<br>
Email:yong321_at_yahoo.com
Web: http://www.stormloader.com/yonghuang/