How to use MAP and ORDER for comparison in PL/SQL?

From: <ppakorn_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 03:56:07 GMT

Dear everybody

I'm learning PL/SQL of Oracle8. The MAP and ORDER methods that used for comparison confused me a lot. :-( I created a type that has one map function, but I have no idea how to use it? Can anybody give me an example of how to use it? And I read from the book that for the MAP method, it's well-suited for aggregate operations such as GROUP BY and ORDER BY. Can you show me about that?

   member function minuss (x Complex_numb) return Complex_numb is    begin

      return Complex_numb(rpart - x.rpart, ipart - x.ipart);    end minuss;

   map member function magnitude return real is    begin

      return(sqrt((rpart*rpart)+(ipart*ipart)));    end magnitude;
end;

Thank you in advance
Pak

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Jan 02 2000 - 21:56:07 CST