Re: using all available CPUs

From: Paul Bennett <bennett_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 19:49:10 GMT

This brings up another question.

The OPQ section of database concepts discusses what is necessary to make one SQL statement execute in parallel, but it does not discuss what is necessary for different SQL statements to be processed in parallel. If four different users execute four different SQL statements on a four processor machine, does each statement get it's own processor? Do the tables have to be different? Do the tables have to reside in different tablespaces? What are some more constraints, or where can I find information about this?

Thanks.