Re: Installing just the Oracle client libraries on Linux

From: Yong <yong321NOyoSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 08:53:19 -0800

I think you're calling for wrong support. I don't think Oracle gives you necessary software for you to connect using DBI or PHP. You need to go to the Perl CPAN site to download modules. I used DBI before. You need DBI.pm from cpan.perl.com.

If you need sqlplus connection from your computer to the server where you can do SQL*Plus stuff like DESCRIBE mytable, yes, you need Oracle client software. But your message only talks about Perl connection with SQL (no SQL*Plus). That's different.

Yong Huang
Email:yong321_at_yahoo.com
Web: http://www.stormloader.com/yonghuang/