Re: Flavors of Oracle

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 16:11:39 GMT

Buck,

There are many differences between O8 server and O8EE. For the best list of the differences, go back to technet. They have an excellent comparison chart.

As for the memory requirements, you can load o8iEE in 64MB, but after having tried it, I do not recommend it! Admittedly, I did you NT for my eval so it isn't a very fair comparison of Linux, but Oracle while still the best DB, is a memory and disk pig..

HTH. Brian