Re: ONLINE BACKUP SCRIPT

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:39:48 -0800

There is no restriction in Oracle to the number of tablespaces in backup mode at one time. Often people parallelize backups by copying more than one tablespace at a time.

In heavy OLTP environments it is impractical to put all tablespaces in backup mode at one time, but not impossible. The practicality depends on the rate of redo generation for each tablespace.

WRT the original poster's question, there is simply not enough information to even speculate what is going on. She will have to debug the script herself.

--
Jeremiah