Unique Constraint(SO_LINES_N10) Violated but Index is NOT Unique!

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 99 20:33:54 GMT

Well this is one for the gurus' here.

I am getting an ORA error "unique constraint (SO_LINES_N10) violated". However poking at the index with TOAD shows that this index is indeed not unique. The TRM for that module also lists that index as non-unique.

  1. An Alter Index Rebuild doesn't work.
  2. Dropping and recreating the index DOES make the problem go away but the error comes back after a couple of days (or less if unlucky).

I have sent the trace files to Oracle customer support but so far they've come up blank - seems that the trace files just confirm that a unique constraint is violated.

Jonathan? Anybody? Help!

Philip (just spent four hours 10pm to 2am on Y2K watch at the office)

 Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60-5-545-1011 Fax:+60-5-547-3932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,

---

 þ 20156.73 þ Proceed with Caution - Twisted Mind Under Construction! Received on Fri Dec 31 1999 - 14:33:54 CST