Re: UNIX 2 gig size limit.

From: Bent Mathiesen <bm_at_tli.de>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 10:06:10 +0100

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:25:44 -0800, Robert Briley <rbriley_at_cp.net> wrote:

>You can get around the oracle export limit or 2 gig by creating a named
>pipe and exporting to it while dumping the data in the pipe to a tape or
>other device. This should allow you to export up to 4 gig on a 2.6
>Solaris machine. Note that in order to import the data again you will
>need to do the same thing and that you are well advised to confirm your
>exports by importing them before you declare success.

I use this way to get around >2GB.
If you need even more space, then beside putting dat into th pige and gzip/compress from there, add a spit command in the end to split into multiple files, containing compressed data.

For import, just go the opposite direction.

Oracle metasite have letters explaing this.

/Bent