Re: Oracle Listener on Solaris

From: <tedchyn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 03:05:48 GMT

In article <84gjf0$6nh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   asally_at_extend.com wrote:
> I am running oracle 8i on Solaris. The Database is up and running and
> so is the listener. However, when a connection request is made to the
> listener, the connection gets established but does not connect to the
> database. Any help would be much appeciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Andrew Sally
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Andrew,

1. did you get an error message ?
2. how do you know connection is made ?
3. try trace_level=4 and look at your listner's log file.
4. are you able sqlplus user/passwd@<connect_string> , if you do your

   listener is work ok.
Ted Chyn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 30 1999 - 21:05:48 CST