Re: using all available CPUs

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:18:47 +0800

Verna Legaspi wrote:

> Hello. We have a Sun E4000 with 6 CPUs. Running Solaris 2.6 & Oracle
> 8.0.5. Is there some parameter, setting, option, etc. that I need to
> configure in order for Oracle to take advantage of all the CPUs? Or is this
> only something that can be done on the SQL side?

Oracle itself will use all the cpu's it can find....If you are referring a single query being able to use more than 1 cpu, check out the parallel clauses for tables, indexes, sqls etc

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Dec 30 1999 - 04:18:47 CST