Re: Oracle on NT server versus Solaris server

From: Laurent Castellani <lcastellani_at_ilog.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:56:01 -0800

We have tried Oracel 8.1.5 and we backed up to 8.0.6 The Oracle8i is a real berdun for your system. It uses alot of ressources. We had to upgrade Memory on our Solaris E250. There is also a few bug that are about to be resolve on 8.1.6. The installation is also not really easy and requires a lot of memory.

I would recommend to really think twice and make sure this is what you need before going to Oracel8i.

If you want more information please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Laurent