Re: Basic Replication Problem

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 30 Dec 1999 08:08:40 -0500

"Curt Ingram" <cingramb_at_bigfoot.com> writes:

> The following is the text showing the command and the error returned :
>

> CREATE SNAPSHOT book.accounts AS SELECT * FROM
> book.accounts_at_bki.world
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02068: following severe error from BKI
> ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
The ORA-3113 indicates that the remote Oracle server has died or there is a networking problem, probably the former.

Check in the log directory. There will probably be one or more trace files
with the prefix ora or ORA. If there are, examine them to see if any of the
files contain stack traces.

If the files contain stack traces, contact Oracle Support to see if there is a fix.

If there are no stack traces, enable Net8 or SQL*Net tracing on the local side and try the operation again. The network trace files may help to pinpoint the problem.

                                              Rick

--

                                        Rick Wessman
                                        Security and Directory Technologies

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.