Re: significance of character set

From: SightBlinder <no email>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 02:10:22 GMT

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:00:05 GMT, eddycheung78_at_my-deja.com wrote:

To check what character set you are currently using within the db, select * from sys.props$;

look for the value of the nls_characterset parameter. If you decide to change it. Make sure you have a full export and cold backup, delete the database, recreate the database with the correct character set, then import the schemas that you need to restore. ~Jim