Re: Anyone use Sterling's Eureka products?

From: William Teague <wteague_at_houston.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:30:05 GMT

As a former IA/Sterling consultant, I can tell you a lot about the products. The Eureka:Strategy is the best high-end ROLAP tool out there. The Eureka:Portal was the first and is still probably a step ahead of the competition. Eureka:Intelligence is a good introductory web-based query tool, but its a 1.0 release and was previously a Sterling product that was switched to the Eureka line. I don't have much experience with it, actually. It was just released recently. The other two Eureka:Reporter and Eureka:Analyst can be problematic to implement. Reporter provides great looking reports, but it is not as easy for the end users as say, Cognos Impromptu. Make sure they are truly supported on your platform (call tech support). Analyst uses TM1 by Applix as the back-end. I still think TM1 is a great product, but it stores the cubes in memory, so there are definitely size and server considerations.

more questions? e-mail at mailto:dtilley_at_houston.rr.com dt