Lock on Compiling Package

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:41:53 +0200

Whenever I try to compile a package that another session right now uses I get a timeout in the compiling session because of a library lock. (Oracle 8.1.5 on Sun Solaris 2.6)

This happens whenever some other session uses the package.

How do I find out which session this is?

Is there a way to enforce the compilation and therefore invalidating the other session's objects without killing or terminating the other session?

Martin Received on Wed Dec 29 1999 - 10:41:53 CST