Re: UNIX 2 gig size limit.

From: <bdg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:55:44 GMT

Oracle Support's Metalink has a good discussion of all the options in "Exporting to tape on Unix systems" (Note: 30428.1).

I haven't figured out how to place and identify multiple exports on a single tape yet. Any pointers?

Thanks,
Brian Gastineau

In article <38614FE7.E712A542_at_cp.net>,
  Robert Briley <rbriley_at_cp.net> wrote:
> You can get around the oracle export limit or 2 gig by creating a
named
> pipe and exporting to it while dumping the data in the pipe to a tape
or
> other device. This should allow you to export up to 4 gig on a 2.6
> Solaris machine. Note that in order to import the data again you will
> need to do the same thing and that you are well advised to confirm
your
> exports by importing them before you declare success.
>
> Regards
> -R
>
> Tom Karelin wrote:
>
> > Gurus, I need to run export which creates dump file larger then 2
Gig
> > allowed by Unix
> > Anyone has code to solve this problem.
> > Appreaciate your support.
> > I am on Solaris 2.6 Oracle 7.3.4.5
> > Michael

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 29 1999 - 09:55:44 CST