Re: How Oracle send notification to external middleware program when data is changed?

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:06:43 GMT

Maybe you can create a small table to store messages from Oracle. The external program periodically checks the messages in the table.

If you mean you want to send email from PL/SQL, you can follow this link:
http://members.xoom.com/hakan_yuksel/htmls/utilities.htm

Yong Huang

In article <84blc5$ptq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   sjsyau_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> We have a middleware connect between front end and Oracle db,
> the FE send message through middleware to Oracle to update the db,
> but sometimes, we need to update the db through some PL/SQL
> programs and we want the Oracle send a notification to FE through
> middleware. We don't want to use trigger at table level to call
> external program, we never trust triggers.
> Is there a solution for this?
>
> please e-mail to sjsyau_at_yahoo.com
>
> Thanks.
>
> Irving
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 29 1999 - 09:06:43 CST