Re: Standby Oracle 8i server as report server - Error!

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:50:52 -0000

Sorry, I don't know.

When I read up the details on Temporary tablespaces and using standby databases for reporting I assumed that

  1. I would not be able to create a new tablespace on the standby database, only add files to an existing temporary tablespace.
  2. I wouldn't want to have anything other than a proper temporary tablespace on production every again. Note particularly - when you backup a database with a proper temporary tablespace, the files for the temporary tablespace ARE NOT backed up. (at least using the 'standard' tools) since the files are listed in v$tempfile rather than v$datafile (and dba_temp_files rather than dba_data_files).

Anyway why would you want to drop the tablespace before opening the standby database for production ?

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk