ENCLOSE QUOTE CHAR. IN SQL ?

From: Joël Dessart <jocky_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 09:39:51 +0100

Hi !

I want to enclose the quote char before and after a reference number in a SQL statement.

E.g. : ref. nbr= 0026121.07
After SQL: '0026121.07'

How could I do this in script since something like: select ''' || table.refnbr || ''' from table; does not work ?

Is there a mean to say that the quote must be kept as character and not as limit of an explicit string in this query (kind of ESCAPE char for LIKE operator...) ?

                        Thanks a lot !

                                    Joel
                                    mailto:jocky_at_bigfoot.com