Bug with relinking script 8i/Linux

From: jmsalvo <jmsalvo_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 06:31:27 GMT

For several weeks, I could not figure out (until now) why does svrmgrl and sqlplus STILL report 8.1.5.0.0 after applying the 8.1.5.0.1 patch.

If you happen to experience this problem, the reason is that, if you did not install some or all the oracle options (I do not know which EXACT options) when prompted during installation, relinking oracle will fail. Hence, svrmgrl and sqlplus still report 8.1.5.0.0.

Do not confuse the options prompted during installation and the options prompted during db creation. They are different.

Back to the point...

All of my previus installations, I deselected all oracle options that were available for me to deselect during installation. This causes a problem when relinking oracle after applying the 8.1.5.0.1 patch. The relinking will complain with:

/usr/sbin/ld: cannot open -lodrsdo8: No such file or directory.

So I tried installing with all the options (after starting from scratch: that is, remove everything related to oracle and reinstall), and the problem want away. Again, this time, I installed with all options since I do not know which file is connected with libordsdo8.*, or any other file that the relinking may depend on.

You will have the same problem with 8.1.5.0.2

I hope someone from Oracle is reading this.

John Salvo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 29 1999 - 00:31:27 CST