Re: How to program PL/SQL receive input from screen?

From: RC <rclarence_at_tyc.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 03:30:34 GMT

ppakorn wrote:

> Dear everyone
>
> I'm a beginning user of PL/SQL language. Can anyone tell me how can I
> get input from screen? My program needs to ask some information like
> this
>
> Enter your account number:
> Enter your password:
> .
> .
> .
>
> I don't know the commands to take the inputs (the account number and
> password) from screen. I found only the way to show text on screen
> (dbms_output package), but couldn't find the way to receive input.
> Please help me.
>

> Thank you
> Pak
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

PL/SQL wasn't really meant to take inout from standard input. If you want to read input from SQLPLUS use the & or && before a variable name. If you really need to capture information so you can do things like logon to the database you should probably think about using Pro C or one of the other 3 GLs or possibly a 4 GL like Forms or Powerbuilder depending on the problem you are trying to solve

HTH --
Posted via CNET Help.com
http://www.help.com/ Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 21:30:34 CST