Re: ORA-01000 Max open cursors exceded

From: GC <johnny_sanga_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 00:19:35 GMT

Mark Casey wrote:

> I get this message, the doco says increase the OPEN_CURSORS parameter in
> the initialization sequence, but doesn't tell me where to find or
> specify the parameter.
>
> Is it in the INITXXXX.ORA ?
>
> If so what is the default so I can increase it.

The default is 50 open cursors. To change this, add the line 'OPEN_CURSORS = [whatever your new value is]' to your init.ora file (make sure this is the proper init file. It takes the form of init[sid].ora, where [sid] is the sid of your oracle instance.)

Also, make sure any explicitly opened cursors are properly closed.

Cheers,
GC Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 18:19:35 CST