ORA-01159 Wrong Database ID

From: Appie at InfoPAct <avlenten_at_flakkee.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:06:08 -0000

Hi,

I'm really stuck with a big problem.
From an early database I only have three datafiles left. (a complete tablespace)
All the other files, Sys1...., Usr1....., Rbs1..., Tmp1...., the controlfiles and logfiles are gone.
No backups or dumps are available. (as always, of cource)

What I tried to do, to get the important data out of the datafiles is creating a new database,
exactly the some as the lost one.
While creating the controlfile I get the message ORA-01159, the datafiles have a
WRONG DATABASE ID. (The gave the new database the same DATABASENAME)

Is there a way to put these files into a new database, or is there somewhere a tool
available to edit the header of the datafiles so my database will recognize them?

Or perhaps someone has a better idea to get the data from the datafiles?

Thanks,
Ab Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 15:06:08 CST